Food: Cilantro Salad
1 Bunch of Cilantro
2 Celery Stalks
½ cup of red cabbage
1 ear of fresh corn (remove from cob)
1 large beefsteak tomato
¼ Table spoon of black pepper
1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
½ Lemon squeezed
1/3 cup of pickled ginger juice
Chop up all the ingredients and mix. Allow the ingredients to marinate chilled overnight and serve.
I love cilantro! Most people just use it for a garnish or as a small ingredient in a recipe. However, a few years ago I started using cilantro as I would lettuce or spinach as the base of my salad. It is so refreshing and delicious. Not to mention, cilantro also has amazing healthy benefits . Some of the health benefits include:
- Oils produce digestive enzymes
- Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
- A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
- Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
- Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging, macular degeneration, and other stressors on the eyes.
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
I hope that you will be encouraged to include more cilantro in your diet. Happy Eating!